At least 78.5% of the fun of travelling is meeting really cool people. Let me share at least a bit of that inspiration (also because I find it frustratingly difficult to get hold of the good blogs out there).
Travelling folk I met on the road:
- Emily Chappell, a cyclist who doing physically demanding and sometimes crazy stuff (I’ve never met anyone before who actually enjoys riding through snow)
- Julian, who was the first person I ever hosted on Couchsurfing, and with who I ended up doing my trip in Norway. His blog (Viajero sin Propósito) is in Spanish, though – but look at the cover photo! It’s me who took it 😉
- Manu Palooza. A very energetic lady who organised the Alternative Travel Gathering in Amsterdam. In the following some more ATGA people:
- Monique Besten, who walks everywhere in a suit she embroiders with stories (plus other artistic projects).
- Anick-Marie Globestoppeuse, a very experienced hitchhiker who writes in French.
- Luca, who is really talented at taking pictures and writing funny texts.
- Dave, who is a digital nomad and tried to help me find a name for my blog while totally cheating on his own: That Travel Blog. He also co-founded the Social Agency and is generally a great help in finding out how to work while staying on the move.
People I wish I had met:
- Iris Veldwijk. Read her blog, you’ll know why.